Date: April 18 & 25th 2:30 - 4:30pm
Price: $75.00 plus $10.00 Instruction fee
This is an opportunity for you to embellish your knitting projects with a new level of finishing using different cast-ons and bind-offs.
In this workshop you will learn:
- the five cast-ons pictured
- a circular lace cast-on
- double ribbed bind-off using a tapestry needle
- double knitting slip stitch ribbing for ribbed borders
- basic Japanese chart reading to swatch 3 lace stitch patterns
- 1 Hank of Ultra alpaca to knit a beret using a double knitting slip stitch technique
- 16" circular in size 7 or 8 US
- 3 -4 different weight yarns (approx. 100 yards each) and the appropriate knitting needles for each yarn. These yarns will be used for practicing cast-ons. If you can not find these yarns in your stash I recommend Karabella Aurora 8, Bulky, Schulana Merino-cotton 135, Debbie Bliss Fez.
- A lace weight yarn (approx. 100 yards) and double pointed needles in the appropriate size. I recommend Naturally Dawn.
- Tapestry needle (size of needle should work with yarn) will be used for single and double ribbed bind-off.