Wednesday, March 31, 2010
A new yarn from Berroco - "Weekend" in over 14 colors, 205 yards and 4 stitches to the inch. This cotton blend is a must have for crocheters as well as those of you that knit - Berroco has created many simple styles. I recommend Weekend for the Stitch Therapy summer knit-along - drop in for help on this delicate leaf pattern and you can take a knitting circle to learn the Mattress Stitch to sew the side seams. Pattern is sized from 32" - 42" bust measurement.
Check website for updated class schedule - also remember our new location on 5th Avenue in Park Slope.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Date: April 18 & 25th 2:30 - 4:30pm
Price: $75.00 plus $10.00 Instruction fee
This is an opportunity for you to embellish your knitting projects with a new level of finishing using different cast-ons and bind-offs.
In this workshop you will learn:
- the five cast-ons pictured
- a circular lace cast-on
- double ribbed bind-off using a tapestry needle
- double knitting slip stitch ribbing for ribbed borders
- basic Japanese chart reading to swatch 3 lace stitch patterns
- 1 Hank of Ultra alpaca to knit a beret using a double knitting slip stitch technique
- 16" circular in size 7 or 8 US
- 3 -4 different weight yarns (approx. 100 yards each) and the appropriate knitting needles for each yarn. These yarns will be used for practicing cast-ons. If you can not find these yarns in your stash I recommend Karabella Aurora 8, Bulky, Schulana Merino-cotton 135, Debbie Bliss Fez.
- A lace weight yarn (approx. 100 yards) and double pointed needles in the appropriate size. I recommend Naturally Dawn.
- Tapestry needle (size of needle should work with yarn) will be used for single and double ribbed bind-off.
Monday, March 15, 2010
This summer you can learn how to knit this beautiful leaf pattern and quickly knit this cute cap sleeved top - I recommend Weekend by Berocco a 50/50 cotton/acrylic. Colors arrive at Stitch Therapy the week of March 15th there will be plenty to choose from - to check colors .
Drop in for help to knit the leaf pattern, then sign up for a knitting circle to learn how to sew the top together.
This easy knit can be customized by lengthening the waist or the sleeves. Pattern is sized from bust measurement 32" - 42"