Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
learn to knit in the round
- - in one lesson
Date: September 30, 2009
Time: 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Class Project: Leg Warmers
Materials : Oat Couture: Leg Warmers - choose from 3 styles, 3 sizes and 3 weights of yarn
Where: Stitch Therapy, 176 Lincoln Place, Brooklyn, 718-398-2020
Greatest benefits of circular knitting:
- Circular needles fit far more comfortably in the palms of your hands so you‘re not constantly fiddling with double pointed needles that slip and slide through your stitches.
- Circular needles are less unwieldy to use than DPNS - stitches rest safely on the cable of the circular needle.
- Don’t have to worry about losing a needle – I find the DPNS have a tendency to slide out.
- With two circulars you can knit a project of pretty much any size you don't have to worry about stitches dropping off the end of the DPN.
- Two circulars make a project very easy to carry along with you anywhere, and easier to knit in any situation--even while standing on the subway.
- Circulars allow you to move the bulk of the knitting closer to your lap, making it easier to balance. With a heavier weight yarn, this can make it a much more comfortable project.